1. How do you pronounce your name?
It's both incredible and incredibly flattering how often I get asked this question. I'm so touched that you care enough to pronounce it properly! That being said, it's almost impossible to write it out phonetically, so... I've recorded myself pronouncing it. >> I hope this helps.
2. Is SHATTER ME the first in a series? If so, when is the second book going to be out?
Yes! SHATTER ME is set to be the first in a trilogy. There will be an exclusive e-novella, DESTROY ME, out on October 16, 2012, and this book bridges the gap between the first and second books; it's also told entirely from Warner's perspective (for more ifnormation on the e-novella, click here). The second book in the trilogy, UNRAVEL ME, will be out February 5, 2013, and the third book will be out after that.
3. I've read SHATTER ME and I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I like Warner, even though he's really, really terrible. Am I a horrible person?
First of all, I should tell you that this is probably the most frequently asked question I get about SHATTER ME, so you're definitely not alone in feeling this way. I should also tell you I think it's excellent that you're so conflicted! Without giving anything away, I can tell you that you'll learn a ton more about Warner in the second book, so you'll have more perspective on him as a person. But the short answer is no, absolutely not. You're not horrible, nor are you crazy.
4. Are you doing any signings in the near-future?
I've actually just updated my 'news & appearances' tab with tour dates for 2012, so that's a good place to check. I'll also always be updating my blog, facebook and twitter with any and all information related to signings or appearances. Stay tuned! I'm always on the move.
5. I heard SHATTER ME is going to be made into a movie! Can I audition for the role of Juliette?
SHATTER ME has been optioned for film by 20th Century Fox, but there's still so much that needs to be done before this book could ever be turned into a movie. As soon as I have any updates I promise I'll post about it, but as of right now, I know virtually nothing about the auditioning process.
6. I'm a book reviewer and I'd like to be able to request a review copy of your novel. Who should I contact?
Please contact my publicist, Hallie Patterson, at Hallie.Patterson at harpercollins dot com. She handles all of these requests!
7. I follow your blog and twitter, and I was just wondering: Why do you always write in all lowercase letters?
My blog and twitter (and tumblr, even) are informal environments where I can write the way I feel most comfortable. For me, there's aesthetic pleasure in writing in lowercase; it lends an equality and simplicity to the letters that appeals to me. So when I can be a bit more casual, I prefer to write that way.
8. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Read a lot. Write a lot. Do that over and over again for the rest of your life.
9. Would you be interested in looking at my work and offering feedback? Would you be able to blurb my manuscript?
Well hello there, fellow writer-friend! :D
Unfortunately, my time is so tight these days that there's no way I'd be able to look at any works-in-progress or unpublished manuscripts, though I do wish you all the best! Also, any and all blurb requests must come through my editor and/or my agent; if you're interested, please contact Tara Weikum at HarperCollins Children's Books or Jodi Reamer at Writers House, LLC.
10. Will SHATTER ME be available in my country?
SHATTER ME has currently sold in 22+ foreign territories and will also be available as an International Edition in certain open territories like Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, and all across The Middleeast (UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, etc.) . Often, however, because most countries need to translate and repackage the story for their own market, the book is released a bit later (sometimes a year+ later) than the American version. But I'll be sure to update this page as soon as I have any more information.
11. Is SHATTER ME available as an audiobook?
Yes! It's also available as an E-book and an Enhanced E-book. (The Enhanced E-Book comes with a bunch of bonus features: files, medical records, posters, and even a piece written from Warner's point of view.)
12. This isn't actually a question, but I think we should hang out.
Well. That sounds like an excellent idea.